Listen as MSJ sits down with Holly to discuss this tasty snack at 5:28 minutes into today’s podcast below.
Combination of avocado and edamame makes this wonderful delicious and nutritious dip. Serve with fresh veggies or chips. Visit Holly’s blog for more recipes.
Makes 10 (1/4-cup) servings
- 1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Terrific Tip: Can also use to stuff vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Nutrition Nugget: Soybeans are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary to ingest through food for their anti-inflammatory benefits.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 62, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Fat (g) 3, Calories from Fat (%) 47, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Total Sugars (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 50, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat