Recipe from Hershey’s
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping (optional)
- 1. Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in milk.
- 2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into individual dessert dishes. To avoid a skin from forming on top, press plastic wrap directly onto surface; serve warm or refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired. 4 servings.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- 1. Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk.
- 2. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every
- 2 minutes. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dishes and serve as directed above.