Easy Cornbread Taco Bake
- 1 (7 oz) packet cornbread mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 (11 oz) can Mexicorn drained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided use)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- shredded lettuce, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, taco sauce (optional toppings)
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9″ x 9″ (or 2 ½ quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg. Stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink, drain excess grease.
- Then add in taco seasoning and ⅓ cup water and stir to combine.
- Then add in Mexicorn and Rotel. Stir well and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Once cornbread is cooked, take out of oven, then cover with ground beef mixture.
- Next, combine sour cream, ONE cup of shredded cheese and green onion in a bowl.
- Gently spread the sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.