A former shoe designer, Victor Chu, shares the key to wearing and walking in heels:
- Make sure they actually fit properly: Don’t force your feet into improper shoes. There are so many styles to choose from, take the time to make the right decision.
- Check your soles: Make sure that the sole of the shoe is completely flat to the floor and doesn’t tip over or wobble. This will help with stability.
- Exercise your core muscles: Wearing heels is a workout – you wouldn’t run a marathon without training for it.
- Posture: Head high and shoulders back – just like your mom told you when you were young!
- Look straight ahead when walking: If you are looking down, that means your shoes don’t fit well. There should be no hurting or pinching if you are wearing proper heels.