Do you take your dog or dogs to the dog park? It can be a lot of fun, but be sure you follow proper dog park etiquette. Below is a list of things that dog owners should watch for while at the park with their pets.
- Not picking up after a dog.
- Not exercising a dog before taking her into a park.
- Bringing dogs with rude greeting skills.
- Leaving prong collars and harnesses on dogs while playing.
- Keeping dogs on leashes inside an off-leash area.
- Bringing a female in heat or pregnant female.
- Bringing puppies less than 12 weeks old or dogs with incomplete vaccinations.
- Small dogs in same play area as large dogs.
- Picking up and carrying a small dog.
- Bringing in a dog that lacks recall skills.
- Allowing dogs to bully other dogs.
- Letting the dogs ‘work it out.’
- Bringing dogs that have resource-guarding problems.
- Chatting with other humans rather than supervising the dogs.
- Spending more time looking at a smartphone screen than at the dogs.
To see the full detailed list, CLICK HERE.