Make It, Take It
Rolo Ritz Bites
- 1 package of Rolos (unwrap many)
- 1 package of Ritz crackers
- Heat the oven to 350. Place Ritz crackers facing down on a cookie sheet, and then place a rolo in the middle of each cracker.
- Once it’s melting (won’t take long!! – check after 3-5 minutes) remove from oven. Quickly place another Ritz on top and press down. It makes a little Rolo Ritz sandwich.
This is a GREAT tasting combination. Great to Make and Take! Let them cool completely then store in an air tight container. Enjoy!
Homemade Bird Seed Ornaments
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 cups bird seed (your choice!)
- Heat water, gelatin and corn syrup together over a low heat. No need to boil.
- Mix flour and seed together and then slowly add to gelatin mixture.
- While cooling, put out parchment paper on our counter, and choose your favorite cookie cutters. Spray those cookie cutters with cooking spray.
- Next, fill the cutters with the gelatin mixture, pressing in the mixture tightly. Before you remove the ornament, use a straw or toothpick to poke a hole through the ornament (for hanging).
- Then remove from cookie cutters and let dry for several hours. Once dry, you can attach ribbon or string and hang for the birds!
Gadget Gifts (Sam)
Check out the smallest and lightest portable charger there is. The RAVPower Portable Charger 3350mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank is for Phones, Tablets and more.
Gift A Day
Relive the magic of Harry Potter with J.K. Rowling’s new lavishly illustrated full-color edition of the book that started it all.
Holiday Tipping Guide
|Person||Suggested Tip or Gift Value|
|Animal Trainer||Cost of 1 session|
|Au Pair||1-2 week’s pay and a small gift from your kids|
|Babysitter||Average day/evening pay for regular sitters and a small gift from your kids|
|Barber||Cost of 1 session|
|Bartender||$20-$40 for someone you see regularly|
|Building Porter/Janitor||$25-$100 depending on involvement|
|Building Superintendent||$25-$100 depending on involvement|
|Cleaning Company||Cost of 1 session or a small gift, if you see the same people regularly|
|Coffee Shop Barista||$10-$20 for someone you see regularly|
|Country Club Staff||$50 for someone you see regularly|
|Day Care Staff||$25 to $50 for each staff member and a small gift from your kids|
|Dog Walker||Cost of 1 session or 1 week’s pay|
|Doorman||$25-$100 depending on involvement|
|Driver / Limo Service||$20-$50 or more if it’s a regular driver|
|Dry Cleaning Delivery||$10-$20|
|Elevator Operator||$10-$40 depending on involvement|
|Errand Runner||$10-$40 for someone you hire regularly|
|Food Delivery Person||$10-$30 for someone you see regularly|
|Gas Station Attendant||$10-$20 for someone you see regularly|
|Groomer||Cost of 1 session|
|Hairdresser or Colorist||Cost of 1 session|
|Housekeeper||Cost of 1 session or a small gift for infrequent service|
|Kennel Staff||$10 to $20 for each staff member or food for the group|
|Kids’ Activities Instructor||Small gift from your kids|
|Kids’ Coach (Athletics)||Small gift from your kids|
|Landscaper||Cost of 1 session or $20-$50 for infrequent service|
|Live-in Help (housekeeper, senior care aide, nanny, chef, etc.)||1-2 week’s pay|
|Massage Therapist||Cost of 1 session|
|Mother’s Helper||Average day’s pay for regular helper and a small gift from your kids|
|Nail Salon||Cost of 1 session|
|Nanny||1-2 week’s pay and a gift from your kids|
|Nurse (in-home nurse, private nurse)||$25-$100 depending on involvement|
|Nursing Home or Assisted Living Community Staff||$10 to $20 for each staff member or food for the group|
|Package Delivery Person||FedEx: non-cash gifts worth under $75; UPS: encourages small gifts rather than cash|
|Parking Garage Attendant||$10-$20 for someone you see regularly|
|Personal Assistant||Small gift and a holiday bonus based on performance|
|Personal Chef||1-2 week’s pay or cost of one session, depending on frequency|
|Personal Trainer||Cost of 1 session|
|Pet Day Care Staff||$10 to $20 for each staff member or food for the group|
|Pet Sitter||Cost of 1 session|
|Physical Therapist||Don’t tip|
|Pool Cleaner||Cost of 1 session|
|Postal Worker||Food, perishable group gifts or a non-cash gift worth less than $20|
|School Bus Driver||$10-$20|
|Senior Care Aide||$25-$100, depending on frequency|
|Snow Remover/Shoveler||Cost of 1 session|
|Teacher||Small gift from your kids|
|Teacher’s Aide/Assistant||Small gift from your kids|
|Tutor||Cost of 1 session and small gift from your child, depending on frequency|
|Waiter / Waitress||$20-$40 for someone you see regularly|
|Zumba/Fitness Instructor||Cost of 1 session or a small gift|