Jodi’s Hollywood Outsiders
- Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte
- Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez
- Former “Brady Bunch” star Maureen McCormick
- Talk show host Amber Rose
- “Little Women: LA” reality star Terra Jole
- Former “Taxi” star Marilu Henner
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
- Former child star Jake T. Austin
- Former pro football player Calvin Johnson
- Super producer and recording artist Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds
- Former rapper Vanilla Ice
- Race car driver James Hinchcliffe
- Country singer Jana Kramer
To see who their dance partners will be, click HERE! “Dancing With the Stars” returns September 12 on ABC.
Selena Gomez Taking Time Off After Dealing Her Lupus Diagnosis
“As many of you know, around a year ago I revealed that I have lupus, an illness that can affect people in different ways,” the singer and actress, 24, tells PEOPLE exclusively in a statement. “I’ve discovered that anxiety, panic attacks and depression can be side effects of lupus, which can present their own challenges.” You can see the rest of her statement, HERE!
Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie
We might have only just got confirmation of his arrival in the DCEU yesterday, but already Joe Mangianello is rumored to be playing Deathstroke. Who would you like to see play the villain. Get more, HERE!
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) August 29, 2016
Adam Levine and Miley Cyrus: Feud Gets WORSE Between The Voice Co-Stars!
Stories about on-set tensions between Cyrus and veteran Adam Levine have been going on since Cyrus was added to the judges line-up back in April. It’s not just the requisite gossip this time, though. See what an inside source had to say, HERE!
Simone Biles Parts Ways with Trainer Who Coached Her Since She Was 8 Years Old
After picking up an impressive four gold medals and one bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, the 4-foot-8 dynamo will no longer train under Boorman – her mentor and trainer since she was 8. “We were both sad, but [Simone] understands that life moves on and she knows that if she plans to continue in gymnastics… I will always be willing to coach her,” Boorman tells PEOPLE. “I will be there as a mentor.” Find out more, HERE!
Pharrell Williams sharing family recipes with new food product line
The Happy hitmaker and his father Pharoah Williams have teamed up with bosses at gourmet grocery chain Dean & DeLuca to create The Williams Family Kitchen, a line featuring food products based on authentic Williams family recipes. CLICK HERE to see when it will be available.
Listen to Carrie Underwood’s new song, “Oh, Sunday Night”
Underwood, a seven-time Grammy winner, has a new song for Sunday Night Football, which returns for another season on Sept. 11 with the Patriots vs. the Cardinals. The song, “Oh, Sunday Night,” is set to “Somethin’ Bad,” a chart-topping duet from Underwood andMiranda Lambert which was released in 2014. Listen to the song below or get more, HERE!
Britney Says She Recorded 30-40 Songs For ‘Glory’
“We actually had about 30 or 40 songs in the end, and just chose the best ones and our favorites. It took a while,” she explained. When asked later on if the scraps were mind-blowing artsy-fartsy brilliance, she didn’t sound too convinced: “It was personally not some of my favorite things, but some other writers have actually listened and want to give it to some of their artists.” Get more of the interview, HERE!
- Do: Identify the reason
- Don’t: Take it personally
- Do: Use humor
- Don’t: Put them down
- Do: Talk the right way
- Don’t: Confront them (in the wrong way)
- Don’t: Let it affect you
- Do: Know what works
Get the full detailed list, HERE!
30 Commonly Mispronounced Words (and How to Say Them)
We’ll admit, we are guilty of mispronouncing a few of these. Take a look at the list below to test your own pronunciation smarts:
- affidavit [af-i-dey-vit]
- almond [ah-muh nd, am–uh nd]
- beget [bih-get]
- cache [kash]
- caramel [kar–uh-muh l, -mel, kahr-muh l]
- coupon [koo-pon, kyoo-]
- croissant [French krwah-sahn; English kruh–sahnt]
- epitome [ih-pit–uh-mee]
- espresso [e-spres-oh]
- et cetera [et set-er-uh, se-truh]
- façade [fuh–sahd, fa-]
- fiery [fahyuh r-ee, fahy–uh-ree]
- genre [zhahn-ruh; French zhahn–ruh]
- haute [oht]
- hyperbole [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
- lambaste [lam-beyst, –bast]
- mauve [mohv]
- mischievous [mis-chuh-vuh s]
- niche [nich]
- peony [pee–uh-nee]
- prerogative [pri-rog–uh-tiv, puh–rog-]
- quinoa [keen-wah, kee-noh–uh]
- reservoir [rez-er-vwahr, -vwawr, -vawr, rez–uh-]
- salmon [sam–uh n]
- sherbet [shur-bit]
- turmeric [tur-mer-ik]
- verbiage [vur-bee-ij]
- Weimaraner [vahy-muh-rah-ner, wahy-, wahy-muh-rey-]
- whet [hwet, wet]
- Worcestershire [woo s-ter-sheer, -sher]
Get more, HERE!