This is according to Cosmopolitan, but we’ve detailed the list below for you in case you didn’t want to visit their NSFW website!
1. He watches you before interacting. Being watched by someone before he introduces himself or joins the conversation can make your skin crawl — you’re wondering, What is he thinking? while dreading that whatever it is, it’s inappropriate.
2. He touches you frequently. Even a “friendly” hug or kiss on the cheek is unacceptable if it’s not invited.
3. He steers the conversation toward inappropriate topics. Unwanted intimacy can be verbal too.
4. He asks to take a picture of you. Unless you are balancing 10 plates on top of your head while also riding a unicycle, there is no reason a random person should want a photo of you.
5. He asks for personal details about your family. Hey, dude, stick with complaining about the weather or asking me if I have any restaurant recommendations. That’s what we call “small talk” — leave my family out of it.
6. He has greasy hair. Well, there are many possible explanations for having greasy hair, but let’s just say it generally isn’t a turn-on. Bad hygiene can be a sign that someone isn’t aware of or doesn’t care about the impression they make on others, a definite creepiness red flag.
7. He never looks you in the eye. This can come off shady and disengaged, as though he’s plotting something.
8. He’s significantly older than you. To be fair, this one doesn’t make someone “creepy” in and of itself, but combined with other behaviors, such as frequent touching or inappropriate talk, it can make someone seem predatory.
9. He shows little emotional expression. A deadpan stare is disconcerting: Again, what is he thinking — or hiding, for that matter? That’s not something you want to have to wonder about when you first meet a guy (or ever, TBH, but definitely not that first time).